Air Conditioning - Auto Repair & Service
Air Conditioning - Auto Repair & Service
There are a lot of reasons why your auto air conditioning might not be cooling properly. That's why Midas has developed a multi-point diagnostic test for A/C systems. Our expert auto repair mechanics are equipped to check for leaks and repair car air conditioning systems so you can stay cool.
Midas' expert auto repair technicians are equipped to deal with heating, air conditioning, and defroster problems and are specially trained to repair today's automotive air conditioning and climate control systems.
Stop by today for an inspection or to get the chill back in your car.
Air Conditioning service is currently available at some Hawaii locations. Please call the shop for an appointment.
Back to the top
Car A/C Repair Questions
A. Nobody likes getting into a sweltering car, but it's such a relief to turn on your AC and feel that cool air kick in. Until the day it doesn't kick in. Or maybe your car's air conditioner activates but doesn't cool your cabin the way it used to.
To prevent car AC breakdowns, follow your vehicle manufacturer's suggested maintenance schedule -- and have your AC checked at the first sign of trouble.
If you're already having AC problems, request a Car AC Check appointment today.
A. Between the compressor, the AC clutch, and (most commonly) the refrigerant level, there are several reasons why a car air conditioner can stop blowing cold air:
- Refrigerant loss: Low refrigerant (coolant) is the most common cause of AC problems, and the solution is a Car AC Recharge -- plus repairs to any leaking AC components that may be causing your vehicle to lose refrigerant faster than expected.
- Blocked air flow: Anywhere between the compressor, the condenser, and the air vents into your cabin, any blockage to air flow will shut down your AC system.
- Broken or worn AC parts: Depending on the vehicle, your AC system may include a compressor, AC clutch, condenser, thermal expansion drive, receiver, dryer, orifice tube, accumulator, evaporator, and blower. Any of these parts, and the lines and connections between them, may need service.
A. There is no industry-standard interval to check vehicle climate control systems. Best advice: follow the maintenance schedule in your vehicle manual.
sYour local Midas technician will discuss the results of your AC Check with you before making any repairs. And remember, every Midas Touch Courtesy Check1 includes a visual inspection of your vehicle's AC system. It's one more reason to make Midas a regular part of your vehicle maintenance routine.
A. You know your car AC system needs service when it cools less effectively or refuses to kick in at all -- but here are some signs that your compressor is the culprit:
- Unusual compressor noise: In the compressor, worn-out bearings or other interior components can cause (noisy) friction.
- Visible damage, debris, or dirt on the compressor.
- The compressor clutch won't engage: Listen the next time you turn your AC on. You'll hear a switch moving before your compressor kicks in. That's the clutch switch. It can break (or get stuck in the off position).
A. While the air compressor is just one part of your car AC system that can break down, it's a part that many drivers understand from dealing with AC problems at home. Here are some common causes of AC compressor failure:
- Refrigerant is too low to maintain air pressure
- Low lubricant
- Blocked suction lines
- Dirty coils
- Electrical problems
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Online Specials & Discounts - Auto-Repair & Service
Buy online in advance and save BIG from Midas Hawaii. Oil changes, tire rotations, system flushes, safely checks, gift certificates and much more...
- Latest News
View the latest news from Midas Hawaii. New auto repair services/ products, newsletters, new oil change coupons and discounts and much more.
- About Midas Hawaii - Auto Repair, Oil Change, Tires And More...
Midas has been in Hawaii for more than 40 years. We're your one stop auto maintenance and auto repair shop.
- Auto Repair and Service - Tips and Resources
Great auto tips, resources and education. Auto maintenance tips, auto tips, auto safety tips, auto repair and service tips and more Become an educated auto owner!
- Midas Hawaii Locations - Auto Repair & Service
Find a Hawaii Midas shop near you. View Interactive map and all Hawaii locations.
- Auto Repair Services & Products
We're your one stop auto maintenance and auto repair shop. Midas. With over 50 years of experience we have the expertise to help keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
- Auto Repair & Service Reviews and Testimonials
We think we do a great job but don't take our word for it. Many of our customers are glad to share their experience with us. "Consistent Quality Service" is what you can expect!"
- Coupons and Discounts Auto Repair Service - MIDAS COUPONS
Get Midas Hawaii coupons and discounts on trusted Midas services. Oil changes, auto repair, tire repair, brakes and more.